Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CUCM 7.1 Database Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

zednanreholecram

Technical User
Apr 14, 2008
US
Hello all,

I'm trying to update some phones that have "Auto Registered" and want to update Phone and Directory number information using the Bulk Administration Tool.

My problem is I can't disconnect the phones (remote site)and I don't want to manually change every number from 5 digit Auto Reg. to 4 digit numbers along with Device Pool, Route Partition, etc.

I've created the .csv file with all information I want and uploaded to CUCM and have tried Insert Phones, Add Lines, Update Phones and my upload seems to fail every time.

Is there a way to take what's in CUCM with Device Name (MAC) and AutoReg Number and replace with correct DN and Device Pool and other information in one upload/step? Or can this be done in two steps?

Here is a sample of what I'm trying to upload:

MAC ADDRESS,DESCRIPTION,DIRECTORY NUMBER 1,ROUTE PARTITION 1,ALERTING NAME 1,ASCII ALERTING NAME 1,VOICE MAIL PROFILE 1,LINE CSS 1,LINE USER HOLD MOH AUDIO SOURCE 1,LINE NETWORK HOLD MOH AUDIO SOURCE 1,FORWARD ALL CSS 1,DISPLAY 1,ASCII DISPLAY 1,DIRECTORY NUMBER 2,ROUTE PARTITION 2,ALERTING NAME 2,ASCII ALERTING NAME 2,VOICE MAIL PROFILE 2,LINE CSS 2,LINE USER HOLD MOH AUDIO SOURCE 2,LINE NETWORK HOLD MOH AUDIO SOURCE 2,FORWARD ALL CSS 2,DISPLAY 2,ASCII DISPLAY 2
00078535634D,EPIC Command Center,8244,Internal_PT,EPIC Command Center,EPIC Command Center,,,,,,EPIC Command Center,EPIC Command Center,8251,Internal_PT,EPIC Command Center,EPIC Command Center,,,,,,EPIC Command Center,EPIC Command Center
0007850563B6,EPIC Command Center,8244,Internal_PT,EPIC Command Center,EPIC Command Center,,,,,,EPIC Command Center,EPIC Command Center,8251,Internal_PT,EPIC Command Center,EPIC Command Center,,,,,,EPIC Command Center,EPIC Command Center
00055E37876F,EPIC Command Center,8243,Internal_PT,EPIC Command Center,EPIC Command Center,,,,,,EPIC Command Center,EPIC Command Center,8251,Internal_PT,EPIC Command Center,EPIC Command Center,,,,,,EPIC Command Center,EPIC Command Center
000653C63173,EPIC Command Center,8243,Internal_PT,EPIC Command Center,EPIC Command Center,,,,,,EPIC Command Center,EPIC Command Center,8251,Internal_PT,EPIC Command Center,EPIC Command Center,,,,,,EPIC Command Center,EPIC Command Center

Thanks in advance.

you should be able to read the file after it fails and see why it is failing. You also can validate the csv before you run it and see if it passes. If it does not pass validation then it will fail when you insert it as well.
Update and not add is what you need since the phones are already registered.

I would temporarily disable auto registration and then delete all the auto registered phones. This causes the phones to keep attempting to register, but no new profile is created. You can then use BAT to add the phone profiles and once added, the phones will be allowed to register. You can then enable auto registration again.

If you have an IPCC, you can also install TAPS. This allows you to build phones with a dummy MAC address. Then go to the auto registered phones, call into TAPS, and assign the profile to that phone. It resets the phone, deletes the auto registered profile, and changes the MAC of the profile you want to assign to that phone. The phone then boots up and uses that profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back