Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cube drill-through report - passing NULL values

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikiap

MIS
Nov 27, 2003
CH
Hi all

I have a Cognos 7 cube with a drill-through report Cognos 8.2
I have for example 2 dimensions on which I can drill-through:
Metadata items
- [REQUESTOR_BUSS_FUNCTION] (with values Blank and 'Architecture')
- [CREATED_DATE] with dates

1. If I choose 'Architecture' and dates for which I have records, then the assistance pages shows:
the Cognos 8 filter expressions ... Parameter values
[REQUESTOR_BUSS_FUNCTION] = ?REQUESTOR_BUSS_FUNCTION? ='Architecture'
[CREATED_DATE] in_range ?CREATED_DATE? 2009-12-14:2009-12-20
and the drill-through report works fine.

2. If I choose Blank and dates for which I have records, then the assistance pages shows:
the Cognos 8 filter expressions ... Parameter values
[NB_REQUESTOR_BUSS_FUNCTION] = ? NB_REQUESTOR_BUSS_FUNCTION? true
[CREATED_DATE] in_range ?CREATED_DATE? 2009-11-01:2009-11-30

and the drill-through report doesn't work fine anymore. It doesn't filter on the blank (null values for the [REQUESTOR_BUSS_FUNCTION]), considering all the records (filtering only on the 2nd parameter: [CREATED_DATE]).

I also notice that in the 2nd case, the first parameter changes name, getting at the beginning a 'NB_'.

Any idea how to solve the issue? How to enforce the filter on NULL values from the cube to the drill-through report?

Thanks a lot for an answer!
Miki

Connecting to powerplay using Excel 2007

Hi,

I would like to ask how I should connect to a cognos's cube using Excel 2007. I have found a link describing adding an xla for excel 2007 but where the file PPXLServer.xla (working with excel 2007) can be downloaded from? Or maybe it can not be downloaded? Could you help me?

I dont believe the file is to be downloaded from IBM site, but find it on your local drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back