Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CU360 end of sale 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipohead

IS-IT--Management
Oct 21, 2010
GB
I noticed that this has been end of sale since March so any idea of a replacememt?

Effective 04-March-2024, Avaya will no longer sell Avaya Collaboration Unit CU-360, and all related accessories.
The EoS would also include the licensing, DFPP, DaaS and Bundle codes.
In terms of replacement offer, Avaya would be launching a new product line in CY24, starting with first launch in Q1CY24 in select countries.
Discontinued

I recall they were badged Konftel kit but that brand and kit are no more:

The Konftel brand and its entire range of products have been discontinued. Konftel AB has merged into Avaya Sweden AB.

Support is now available at support.avaya.com.

Shame. The Konftel kit (and Avaya rebadged versions) is excellent. Pricey but you got good build quality for your money. I have an Avaya HC020 as my PC camera and B129 as speaker/mic and they are excellent. Also played with most of the other B100 series; B169 great and very flexible once you master the menus (flexibility also means complexity), B199 rather disappointing "nice colour menu screen - and is that it!).

I do have a CU-360 in my kit store but hated it because of the Avaya software. Originally they made it register as a Avaya Spaces user and whilst the video/audio worked, it was weird. Had to constantly explain in meetings that the mysterious third-person listed in the attendees was just the room camera and yes the meeting was private, it wasn't someone else listening in. Eventually they did upgrade the software so that you could tell the CU-360 to just be a high-quality USB camera and I would have just used it as that - except every time it was powered off it would forget that and had to be retold when switched back on. Maybe should dig it out and see there is a Knoftel's equivalent software I can try to get on it to see if that was any better.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Cheers. Its been in its box on a shelf for at least a year, so worth a try to see if I can turn it into a more useful device.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back