Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CTX Universal Print Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRPGroup

MIS
Jun 22, 2005
CA
My understanding is the Universal print driver is there to make client printers easier to handle. I am finding myself routinely having to manually install print drivers for our staff.
eg - HP Color LaserJet 2600n

How is the universal really suppose to work and what do I need to do if anything.

Sorry, PS4 on W2003 Server. All clients are currently connecting via Published Apps with the Webclient only

The Citrix Universal Print driver is not enabled by default.
At least it wasn't on my PS4 server.
Someone please correct me if there is a better way, but here is what I did to enable the Citrix Universal Print driver on my server:

Login to Presentation server console.
Click policies> Make new policy

Name it something distinctive, I chose to name it Printing Policy.

Open your newly created policy and expand to Printing> Drivers> Universal Driver.

Enable Universal driver. The default setting should be fine.
You may also want to take a look at the settings under Client Printers to make sure it is configured the way you want.

Cheers

It is currently enabled on a policy I created. It is set to

Native printer driver auto-install - Enabled - Install Windows native drivers as needed

Universal Driver - Enable - Use universal driver only if requested driver is unavailable.

Is it normal to get Brand name printers like HP not using the Universal driver?

In my mind it would be better to disable "Native printer driver auto-install" until problems occurence

WBR, Vadim V. Petukhov,
MCSE2003, CCEA4.0
vadimp@yandex.ru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back