Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ctrix NFuse 1.7 very basic questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

max7600

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2001
GB
Hi guys just a very basic question. I am trying to install citrix NFuse 1.7 (Classic) and get a few users enabled on it unfortunately there are a few gaps in my knowledge.

very small network 3 win2K servers one of which is our citrix server running Metaframe 1.8, one a database and one everything else server (in this case our web server.)

I cannot give the XML Service it's default value (port 80) as my mail is running on that so I assigned port 90 to it.
(any problems so far???)

I've then installed Nfuse software on the webserver, followed the wizard and specified port 90 also.

Here are a few thing so far that are not as they should be:

in the Citrix adm guide it says we should be able to change the port on our Metaframe server by going into the registery HKLM\sys\CurCtrlSet\Services\CtxHttp\TcpPort

I do not have TcpPort!!!! but something is associated with Citrix XML Service just can't find a specified port anywhere.

I do not yet have the port specified on my firewall and I also cannot bring up any logon box or any admin page when typing in the URL from inside the network.

Anybody have any ideas? Should I reinstall everything? Can't think strait anymore too many thigns going on.

Cheers to anyone who can help me that would be great
M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back