Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CTM8

Status
Not open for further replies.

acewarlock

Technical User
Sep 16, 2002
US
I have one BCM 400 that keeps dropping call's on a CTM8. Has anyone else had this problem?

PS I've changed the CTM8 but it still drops calls.

I had the same problem before and it drove me crazy. I replaced the module, had lines checked, moved module to a different slot, etc., and all didn't work. The problem turned out to be a bad expansion cabinet that only had the CTM and a DSM 32+ with only 4 phones connected to it. I replaced the cabinet and haven't had a problem since.

Mine's in the main Cabinet and I've tried changing the slot it's in, but that didn't help. I though someone had mentioned a problem with a BCM 200 having that same proble, but his was bad power connectors to the back plane.

Does the module/lines still show active after the calls drop? I've been battling a similar problem on a BCM 400 with 3.7 and a GATM 8 card - but the card/lines show inactive right after the calls drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back