Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CTM8 CAN'T BE ENABLED

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperen

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2005
TR
Hi all,
I have a BCM50 system with a expension cabinet.I want to install CTM8 module.My problem is, when i tried to enable CTM, it is written that enabling but it is never became enabled. I think that the problem is about dip switchs. I have a document about dip switch settings. But i don't understand very well. There is some offset settings. What is the offset? And how can i programme on the BCM50? Thanks for your helps.

You do not need to set any dip switches for the BCM50, the Media Bay Modules will stay on 'enabling' until something is connected.

Line is connected.But it is still the same.I can't enable it.

We have had the same problems with expansion cabinets. Nortel has posted this Technical Warning DOCUMENT ID 2006007017:

RECOMMENDATIONS
If a BCM50 system with expansion unit does not resynchronize correctly following a momentary
loss of power, functionality of the expansion module can be restored by removing power from the
expansion unit for at least 30 seconds and then re-applying the power to the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back