Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ctirix ICA Web client logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomenicoC

Technical User
Mar 1, 2004
US
Hello,

How do you enable logging for the ICA web client?
On occasion when a user logs onto a desktop, the client just sits there and tries to connect but never launches the desktop.

I am using Metaframe XP Feature Release 3 and Client version 9

I downloaded the document, "Presentation Server Program Neighborhood Client for 32-Bit Windows Configuration Guide (INI File Reference), Version 9" I noticed the section below in the document, but I am not sure where to configure the ica file, on the Citrix server or clients?

About .ica Files
The Web Client and Program Neighborhood Agent use .ica files in place of .ini
files. When publishing resources for the Web Client and the Program Neighborhood
Agent, you use the Create ICA File wizard to create the associated .ica files.
.Ica files support the same section and name/value pair conventions as appsrv.ini. If
you need additional information about .ica files, see the Citrix Knowledgebase.

Any help would be useful.

Thanks,

Dom

Your question :How do you enable logging for the ICA web client?

Not so sure wat you mean but I'll try.
User connected to gateway using WI and they see the desktop.
OR
Are you pushing out the PN ica file to user's desktop ?

Bare with me, I am little new at this, the users are connecting from a web browser and they see the published desktop icon, they click that and they are in.

Okee, got it. You are using webinterface with published applications. Are you using CSG ?
I suppose you are publishing "desktop" of a certain server. Check if that server have policy to let "local login".
Can they open other applications ?

What is CSG?
Users can logon, the problem described above only happans randomly and not often. I wanted to figure out why that might have occured, or if it occurs again at least I can start to investigate.

CSG = citris secure gateway
check in citrix's presentation server console. Check on application that is happening where the servers they are installed.
Ex: app A is published and defined on server 1 and server 2. BUT actually it is installed ONLY on server 1. So when server 1 is busy or not available and drop down to server 2, ofcourse, it will not run as there is no application. Look at eventlog in there servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back