Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CTI Monitoring Stopped on station deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reynolds723

Technical User
Nov 2, 2006
GB
Hi All,

This may be a question for a Genesys forum but I'd like to know if anyone has come accross the issue before. We have just got some 9630 IP phones in and are in the process of swapping out TDM turrets. The easiest way, I thought, was to delete the station extension and recreate the ID as the new phone type with all the buttons in the right place etc.

What is happening is that following the deletion/recreation the CTI link with the Genesys softphone for that station does not work correctly. You can log in to the station via softphone, make agent state changes and take 1 call but once you are on that call you cannot transfer that call, put it on hold or end it.

If you conduct a list monitored stations command in ASA the station ID does not appear which is where the issue is I think.

Even removing the extension from Genesys and recreating there does not resolve the issue, yet if you set up a new extension and set that up in Genesys it works straight away. Is something being held in memory somewhere that is preventing the extension being used?

If you just conduct a change station and set them up that way there are no issues.

Does anone have any ideas on how to resolve this?

We are on sw vers 3.1.4 for CM and the CTI link to Genesys is via MAPD.

Thanks

Craig
MAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back