Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CTI/CMI server with contact server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowmart

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2003
CA
I have a question for the ones using Contact Server. I currently have my Eflow server and CMI server both running on the same dual pentium III 700mhz. I have no performance issues. But I am wondering if I would get even better performance by isolating my CMI server on its own server. I am also wondering if I will ever run into problems by keeping both software running on the same server.

thanks.

Do you have many clients connecting to the CMI Service? If not then you are probably getting better performance having them on the same box because WFI passes through CMI in order to get to the ACD. If CMI is getting slammed with connections from other clients (more that 5 clients) then isolating but keeping them on the same subnet would give you better performance.

When you say client, you dont mean the actual employees connecting to the CMI server to receive the screen pop?
you mean clients like the WFI ? If so, I only have the WFI connecting through it.

Actually I mean anything connecting to CMI. Things like WFI, Agents, NICE or other CTI enabled software. If you have the agents connected to CMI then you may see a performance gain by isolating the CMI on different hardware. But if you aren't seeing a loss now I wouldn't really worry to much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back