Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

csv file timming out

Status
Not open for further replies.

mailbox125

Technical User
Apr 1, 2003
US
I'm running a very simple script however after about 8 hours it seems to have lost the path to the csv file. Is there a way to determine why this script seems to have stopped? The icon in the toolbar that indicates the script is running stops after about 20 min. it is very confusing for the user, is there a way to keep the little guy running until the entire script has finished? Why would the script stop at different times on different machines?

If the "running man" has stopped, then the script is no longer running. Without seeing the script, it is hard to say why it is ending. However, you can add some debugging messages to your script using either the usermsg or statmsg commands, placed at strategic portions of your script, to help you determine where the script is currently executing. This may give you an idea why it is stopping prematurely.

aspect@aspectscripting.com

What's odd is that just because the running man has stopped the script is still running in the back ground I started this script and the running man stopped after about 20min or so however the script continued to run for another 8 hours?? Is there a buffer to Procomm that fills?? or is it the machine that it running on that fills a buffer?? All this script does is take a list of numbers i.e. 85000, 85001... and so on and run them through this script however for each number the script must wait for about 15min between numbers for the system it run on to give a responce...

string listmbxfile = " "
PROC main
string f_line
string DREFF

clear
capture off
set capture file "STAR-DEL-REFF.txt"
set capture overwrite on
capture on

sdlginput "Information" "Full Path To Saved Text File: " listmbxfile

transmit "U^M"
waitfor "."
transmit "D REF^M"
waitfor "DEL:"
;Load the txt file
if fopen 0 listmbxfile READ TEXT;
while not feof 0

fgets 0 f_line
strextract DREFF f_line "," 0

transmit DREFF
transmit "^M"
WAITFOR ":"
transmit "Y^M"
waituntil "DEL:"

endwhile
fclose 0
transmit "^M"
waitfor "."
else
errormsg "Couldn't open file '%s'" listmbxfile
endif
capture off

endproc

I think the problem is in the line:

waituntil "DEL:"

If you are wanting the script to pause until this string is received, then you will want to use waitfor "DEL:" FOREVER. Waituntil is used to pause until a specified date and time, and I imagine the script has problems with this argument and is jumping to the next command.

aspect@aspectscripting.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back