Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CStringArray in ATL Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

azwaan

Programmer
Jan 11, 2002
Im using VC++.NET as my IDE and create an ATL project using it. basically the program is a Wrapper DLL for a DLL already written in VC. the wrapper is written to interface between VB and the original DLL cos of type incompatibilities.

basically the problem is im unable to declare a variable of type CStringAray in a ATL Project.

i tried to include afxcoll.h but the the below error message is being generated

fatal error C1189: #error : WINDOWS.H already included. MFC apps must not #include

however i resolved this by inclduing the header file before any other include statement in stdafx.h. however im getting this linking error.

error LNK2005: _DllMain@12 already defined in TEST.obj

how can i resolve this? i noticed that these errors do not occur with MFC projects. Note that this issue can be recreated by creating a new ATL project in VC++.NET and declaring a variable of type CStringArrray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back