Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSTA Application link Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooFurious

Technical User
Feb 19, 2004
BG
Hi to everybody ,
I have a strange problem with my system . I have MD 110 BC11 sp9 with Genesys 6.5. From some time our CSTA link start to crash and we can't find reason for that. I check all phisical connections and LAN switch but everything is OK .Cold you plese advice me what can cause this problem and how I can prevent from it . This is the alarm log .
CLASS: 0
350 CSTA, FAULTY COMMUNICATION CHANNEL
DATE TIME ALP NOIF UNIT EQU BRDID INF1
22MAY07 03:08:23 3 2 DCTPP 001-0-60-04 106 0
RDATE RTIME
22MAY07 03:08:36

After that failure everyting goes down and we have to restart Genesys and Application link software in order to restore communication between them . Last time we have to do this several times before getting the success result .
We try to ping PBX from Genesys server and everyting looks good but when we tried to start Application link application link trace reported that App. link is inactive .
Here is configuration of Application link
<cstlp;COMPUTER SUPPORTED TELECOMMUNICATIONS APPLICATIONS LINK GROUP DATA

LGRP ACTIVE JOBS IODEV LIM STATUS

AL40 122 CSTA1 1 CONNECTED

END

<IONCP;NETWORKING CONNECTION
NODE/IODEV LIM USER TYPE/CON IP PORT PROC
SYSN 1
CSTA1 CSTA SERVER/1 172.16.1.24 2500 TCP
END

The other question is - Can I configure another CSTA
link on a different NIU and to make switchover in case of failure ?

Thank you in advance .

the NIU board is *VERY* sensitive. This means that, if it receives to much network traffic (broadcasts, arp requests, multicasts, ...) it WILL crash and restart itself.
the most effictive solution is to place the NIU behind a router and configure it so that only the Genesys server can access it.

you can have more CSTA links to the same server. it is best to place them in a different LIM.

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

OK . But we have strange situation , from MD site everything was OK and I tried to start application link SW on Genesys server but in trace I saw massage " Link No active " I tried to ping MD on port 2500 and everything looks good but unfortunatly link it staying down . After 2 hours link goes up without any reason .
Could you please tell me how to prevent our system from that failure ? Thank you .

your PBX is not in the latest servicepack (= SP15)
what version of AL are you running?

try to do some ethereal traces to see what's going on between AL server and NIU...

Hi ,
We resolve our problem ,Whosrdaddy was absolutly right . The problem was strange unicast flood traffic . we put some filters on switch port where is connected MD and now everything is OK .
Thank you very much for advices they were very usful for me .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back