Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

css styles not showing in style dropdown list

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmr

Technical User
Jul 10, 2000
SG
I am new to Front Page.<br>I added a css style sheet, saved it, and linked it to a page.<br>However the styles in the sheet did not appear in the style dropdown list.<br><br>Also, I cannot find the specifications of the standard styles in the style box (eg address, body) etc.<br><br>Any help appreciated.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(i have already gone throught the help files and the technet cd)<br><br>Thanks<br>Peter

I am having the same problem with Frontpage not showing the styles from an external style sheet. Have you found a solution yet?

If i change the HTML tags they show up, but not the user-defined styles. Anybody else? I may have to use a separate style sheet program. Bill Zielinski
bzielinski@co.midland.mi.us
County of Midland, Michigan

Guys - the best advice I can give is *not* to use FrontPage to create your style sheets - do them by hand!

FP is kinda ok for styles, but I've found that it tends to do some pretty weird stuff.

An excellent place to start learning about CSS is and click Learn CSS from the menu. There are loads of examples to get you started.

It's where I picked everything up and now it's a piece of cake :)

Good luck,
Craig

I am using 2000. I discovered what was going wrong. For whatever reason, the link to they style sheet was wrong. I checked the HTML and it had ../calendar.css in the href of the style link, but my sheet was in the current directory. So I corrected the link and now they work just fine. Bill Zielinski
bzielinski@co.midland.mi.us
County of Midland, Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back