Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSS (style sheet) dilema

Status
Not open for further replies.

bch33

Technical User
Oct 13, 2001
US
Is there a way to set the A:visted, linked, or hover attributes into the style sheet editor in Dreamweaver. I've used css to set font styles etc. in DW but don't see anything for setting the other above-mentioned stuff
Thanks
bch

I hope this is what you mean. When opening css styles from Text>css styles>edit style sheet, when clicking on New the new style box will appear with the radio button highlighted on "make custom styles". click the radio button that says "use css selector", the box under that will change and you can click its arrow to reveal hover etc on a little drop down menu.
if this is not what you mean then sorry for waffling.

What I found is that it's easier to create and/or modify CSS via TopStyle (it's a program that comes with DW)...they even show the result of the A: tags as well as the font and style and all that...
DW makes it kinda hard (in my opinion) to change/edit or create... I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Yeah, just looked at the program on the web--looks great.
You mentioned it coming with DW but I don't have it.
From what I've seen of it, its worth the 50 bucks though.
Thanks
bch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back