Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSS "Rollover" Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrysdad

Programmer
May 30, 2002
GB
Hi. I have tried to do a "rollover" effect link using display: block. When I hover over the first (top) link, it works ok - you can click in any part of the table cell and it links. However, in the table cells below, the two other links do not work ok. The background color changes only when you hover over the link word itself, and if you hover over a text-free part of the table cell it neither triggers the hover effect nor behaves in any other way like a link.

I am using IE6, in Windows XP Pro.

Any theories, anyone?

HarrysDad:
Check out this link - look at the left menu, which uses a CSS rollover.

This is a test page I am currently working on for our cycling team. Not everything is working just yet, but the menu effects are functioning.

I found this little CSS jewel on (which is currently down for redesign) and would be happy to share the CSS with you if you like what you see. The menu is configurable and requires a small knowledge of CSS techniques to implement.
-Stancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back