Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSS Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerlock2005

Technical User
Feb 23, 2005
US
All,
I am struggling with the following page which is done using CSS. The page is here:
The part of the page I am having problems with is this linked area:

• The 5 Secrets to Gaining Aligned and Committed Action Through Truly Great Meetings (Click for a more detailed description of this Intensive

The particular I am having with this area is that when the mouse hovers over the link it shakes/blinks which is not what I want. I want it to be just a regular hyperlink that doesn't do that.

Can anyone please help and let me know what can I do to stop this problem?

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,
Jerome

In your stylesheet, you have the following:
Code:
a:hover {  font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; [b]font-size: 9px;[/b] font-style: normal; font-weight: 700; color: #330099; text-decoration: none}
The bold part says that every link when hovered will change its size to 9px. First you need to ask yourself if that is really what you want. If your links already are 9px before hovering, this declaration is unnecessary (and damaging as you can see) then you should simply omit this. If you actually want some links to grow/shrink when hovered, you should use classes or dependencies to define which they are. Looking at your code however, I would say that simply removing the offending part should solve your problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back