Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSS modify existing code to include hover and active states 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdeman

Programmer
Feb 17, 2010
GB
Hello

I have the following code which creates a rounded corner box using only CSS and no images and works in IE.

I need to modify the CSS to include hover and active states so that the box Background colour changes to white when the mouse hovers over it and yellow when it is clicked.

Can anyone help me by modifying the code?

I don’t really understand what the code is doing or how it is built up or what the b. are doing so if anyone out there understands how to modify the code and include detailed comments for all of it I would really appreciate it and actually learn more and better.

Thank you and best regards

****************************CODE START***************************
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<style type="text/css">
.box, .box b.tc, .box b.bc{ background-color:transparent; }
.box b.tc, .box b.bc,.box b.tc b.L1, .box b.tc b.L2, .box b.tc b.L3,.box b.bc b.L1, .box b.bc b.L2, .box b.bc b.L3{ font-size:0px;padding:0;display:block; }
.box b.tc b.L1,.box b.tc b.L2,.box b.bc b.L1,.box b.bc b.L2 { height:1px; line-height:1px; overflow:hidden; }
.box b.tc b.L1,.box b.bc b.L1 { margin: 0 4px; }
.box b.tc b.L2,.box b.bc b.L2 { margin: 0 2px; border-width:0 2px; border-style:solid; }
.box b.tc b.L3,.box b.bc b.L3 {margin: 0 1px; border-width:0 1px; border-style:solid; height:2px; overflow:hidden; }
.box .content { border-left-style:solid; border-left-width:1px; border-right-style: solid;border-right-width:1px; margin:0; overflow:hidden; }
/* Left-side border color */.box .content { border-left-color:#aaa; border-right-color:#aaa; }
/* Top border color */.box b.tc b.L1 { background-color:#aaa; }.box b.tc b.L2,.box b.tc b.L3 { border-color:#aaa;}
/* bottom border color */.box b.bc b.L1 { background-color:#aaa; }.box b.bc b.L2,.box b.bc b.L3 { border-color:#aaa;}
/* -- Default params for where content is ---- */.box .content { background:#eee; }.box b.L2,.box b.L3 {background-color:#eee;}
.box { margin:5px; width:300px; }.box .content { padding:5px; }
</style>
</head>

<body>
<div class="box"><b class="tc"><b class="L1"></b><b class="L2"></b><b class="L3"></b></b><div class="content">
This is the content
</div>
<b class="bc"><b class="L3"></b><b class="L2"></b><b class="L1"></b></b></div>
</body>
</html>
****************************CODE END****************************

How is this different from your other question: thread215-1612662 ?

Greg
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. Kierkegaard

Hello traingamer

This is a different CSS and a different scenario I tried to apply the modification from the other post to this but of course it won't work because this is a different CSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back