Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSS Layout & Navigation Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfleming

Technical User
Jul 2, 2003
CA
Hey.

Web Page-Main

CSS Links

I have created a CSS only based web site using a tutorial off the net. I have a couple of questions.

1. I have created my main web page and I want to know what is the best way to create my other linked pages ie, Services, About Us, Contact ect. Should I just to a save as on the doc or is there another way?
All my CSS is linked.

2. Using CSS with ul li navigation, is there a way I can add/update the text (link) for my horizonal menu in all my differnet pages. ie Contact Us, About Us ect?

Or do I have to copy paste the text/link in all the pages?

3. Last question is with my horizontal nav bar. The active link works fine in IE 6 but when I try it in Firefox 1.5.0.3 it loses the text colour and the border changes to dotted.

What I'm I missing on this one?

Thanks

Matt

sorry, I deleted it after I got it working using php.

Thanks

Matt

1. I have created my main web page and I want to know what is the best way to create my other linked pages [...] Should I just do a save as
Yeah, that's as good a way as any for a small number of pages. I usually produce a "template" page that just has the elements common to all pages, into which I can add the page-specific elements of each page and "save as" a new file.

is there a way I can add/update the text (link) for my horizonal menu in all my different pages.
Yes, use server-side includes (see faq253-3309 and faq253-2000 ) or the php equivalent if you're using that.

-- Chris Hunt
Webmaster & Tragedian
Extra Connections Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back