Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSS dropdown menu IE compatability 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacecodotnet

Programmer
May 17, 2004
US
I am working on a site that was given to me, and I am trying to add CSS drop down menus to the main nav bar. In FireFox (which is what I like to use) it looks wonderful. However, in Internet Explorer, it gets all screwed up, and any web developer knows an accessable site must work in IE.

It is located at The style sheet is at
I would be more specific about what my problem is for you, but I honestly can't tell what I am doing wrong. I put some comments in the code so you could see where the dropdowns are supposed to occur. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peace out,
Peace Co.

IE, AFAIK, does not support the hover pseudo class on anything other than A elements, so your menus will not work in IE (you are using hover on an LI element).

Sorry for the bad news!

Dan

Dan is right, you'll have to do a workaround for the dropdowns, one of the options might be going with the JavaScript snippet that is included in the Suckerfish dropdowns ( Another thing is, your site should have a complete and valid doctype at the top to shift IE away from quirks mode.

Thank you so much! Yes, that is bad news, but it is exactly the answer I needed. Much obliged to you both!

Peace out,
Peace Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back