Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSS Book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2001
US
I would really like to start using CSS to separate my content from layout. Yes, I've bought into the whole "CSS in lieu of tables" argument. It just seems logical to me.

However, I am finding it quite difficult to make my CSS be cross browser compatible. I've seen some good websites, but I'm really looking for a good book which I can use as a tutorial and a reference. Can anyone recommend a good CSS book?

I went to amazon.com and looked, but they don't have a category for CSS. The closest category that I could find was HTML. I don't mind if the book covers HTML, but I really want it to focus mostly on CSS as I'm already comfortable with HTML & XHTML.

Any ideas?

-Ron

We all play from the same deck of cards, it's how we play the hand we are dealt which makes us who we are. -Me

murof siht edisni kcuts m'I - PLEH

Jeffrey Zeldman has a great book: Designing With Web Standards

HTH

I've found "Eric Meyer on CSS" to be very helpful. It's the only CSS book I use. It includes a great section on how to 'retrofit' CSS into a non-CSS site. A bit expensive, but worth considering.

~ Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back