Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSS & radio buttons size ... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

iza

Programmer
Apr 4, 2000
FR
does anybody know how i could change the size of the radio button (not the text around, only the little circle to click in) - i feel there must be a workaround for ie, but i'm looking for a cross browser solution (or easily adaptable)
thank you :)

I sure can't figure out a way to do it. Nothing I've tried so far seems to work. Anyone?
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard.

Sorry, I just figured out what works. I had a typo in my previous attempts.
Code:
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE> New Document </TITLE>
</HEAD>
<STYLE TYPE=&quot;text/css&quot;>
.large {width:20pt; height:20pt;}
</STYLE>
<BODY>
<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION=&quot;&quot;>
<INPUT TYPE=&quot;radio&quot; NAME=&quot;r1&quot;>this is a normal radio button<br>
<INPUT TYPE=&quot;radio&quot; NAME=&quot;r2&quot; class=&quot;large&quot;>this is a large radio button<br>
</FORM>
</BODY>
</HTML>
Cut and paste that and try it.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,

great :)
thank you sooooooooooo much :)

You may also want to use this to help get rid of any padding which is included around radio buttons by default. I know that sometimes this padding can cause problems when trying to align text with a radio button.

.radiofix {
width: 1em;
height: 1em;
margin: 1px;
}

I happended to use em in this example but you can use px too.

thanx, that's nice
jsut for info, i've checked on compatiblity charts, and height and width are not fully supported by ns (oh oh surprising ;-)) - doesn't matter much as intended users where anyway mostly ie users

This doesn't work in IE on my Mac. Does it work in IE/PC?

(Works in NN6 for Mac, but not in 4x)

I test the size thing on a PC under Win 98 and IE 5.5 and it works fine. Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,

under win2000 with ie5.0 it's fine :]]

(no i'm not good even with mustard !)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back