Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSNW not supported by XP Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murray720

MIS
Nov 6, 2001
US
I just come to find XP Home does not support CSNW. Does anyone know of a workaround???

Thanks

(besides upgrading to XP Pro)

i have this same problem, xp home does not cater to csnw. have you found a way around this problem? has anyone?

Have you looked on Novell's site for the Novell client?

I checked the Novell download site but could not find anything. Can you be more specific?

The NetWare client does not work on XP Home. XP Home should not be installed in any work enviroment that uses NetWare.

From what my Microsoft team tells me, it also does not work well in the Windows server world.

XP Home was made for the home user and thats were it should stay. Brent Schmidt CNE, Network +
Senior Network Engineer
provogeek@hotmail.com
East Bay, California; USA

OK. But do we have to buy the full XP ProUpgrade that is used for all previous versions oof Windows? Or is there a version that will just upgrade XP-Home (at a cheaper price)?

Don't know, you'll have to ask a sales person that question, but more than likely you will need to buy the Pro upgrade Brent Schmidt CNE, Network +
Senior Network Engineer
provogeek@hotmail.com
East Bay, California; USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back