Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSID ERRORS - HOW TO FIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rougy

Programmer
Oct 15, 2001
US
Hi,

I wrote a little VB program that works well enough on my compuer, but once I compile it to an *.exe, it doesn't seem to work worth a #&$! on any other computer.

I get ISAM errors, too.

This is undoubtedly the result of Components and References that you have included in your application. These are essentially links to other files, dlls, ocxs, etc.

The machine that you're trying to run your application on will not inherently have all of these files. They must be DEPLOYED with some sort of software deployment program. Basically, you need to create an installation package to install you application.

Visual Basic comes with an add-in called the Package and Deployment Wizard. You should start by looking into that.

Good Luck!
Josh

Thanks,

I figured out the Package Wizard, I included every freaking reference I could think of in the Project Reference list, and I'm still getting the CSID failure.

It opens Excel, and let's me add records, but it won't let the databar read from the file.

Appreciate your help.

Rougy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back