Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSE1000E adding a Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

RossV

Technical User
May 22, 2006
US
I recently shut down a site that had a 1000E on 5.0 Before I shut it down I changed the ELAN IP of the MGC card to a unused ELAN IP at the main site. I did my data dumps and powered it off. My goal is to re-use the gateway at the main site. Once I build the new superloop and connect the gateway to the Elan will the MGC remember the new IP I put on it? The only card I'm leaving in the Gateway is the MGC that I changed IP's on.

The shelf was used as superloop 0-0 in the original system it was in but assuming I pull all the cards and connect it at my site I'm assuming it won't know what superloop it is until I assign it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You will still need to define the MGC in the Element Manager of the new site for it to work properly.

Just build the new SUPL at your site, go in element manager and put in all the IP Info for MGC Tlan/DB's.

Plug in the MGC at the Control-I bit do CNRL I and then at the prompt do

mgcIPClear then diskformat

This will flatten the MGC, reboot it and it will ask you for the MGC Elan/Mask/GW and the Call server IP input these answer no to the adavance bit yes to reboot. That should get you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back