Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS4 Premiere Pro Upgrade Serial # Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lejongleur

Programmer
Feb 21, 2005
US
Hi - I have been using Premiere for several years for simple editing, but now I need to handle HD formats, and other more recent file formats, so I purchased an upgrade to Premiere Pro CS4 from Adobe ($299), and went ahead to install it on my new computer.

When I got to the part about entering the serial # of my old software, I found that the CD's I have for version 4.0 and 4.2 do not have any serial numbers with them, and I do not have a record of them. The computer which had 4.2 on it is no longer with us. The upgrade install will not work without a serial #.

Any suggestions? My account on the Adobe site was set up long after I installed the old versions. Should I try to buy an older version on Ebay or something?

Any ideas here would be most welcome. Thanks!...Chris

There's no serial on the CD or sleeve for my copy of 4.2 either, but from distant memory I think the the serial was was somewhere in the accompanying documentation.

I upgraded several times after 4.2 and kept a note of all my serial numbers, so didn't have your problem

If you registered your ancient copy of Premiere with Adobe, they might still be able to tell you the serial numbers if you give them a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back