Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS2 saving and shortcut woes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyQ

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2001
US
I had PS7 installed, and over time, it quit letting me use the ctrl+shft+alt+s key command to access the "Save for Web" function. I bought CS2, and uninstalled all of my old Adobe apps (even the Reader!), and installed CS2 with all the options. Well, now, not only does my keyboard shortcut still not work, when I make a new file, and choose Save As, I only have Photoshop formats to choose from. It won't let me save as a JPG, GIF, or any of the many formats that are usually listed.

My company has CS2 on my workstation at work, and I don't have this issue. Is there something I need to check? Should I delete the preferences?

Thanks.

Yes I would delete the prefs.

see my post on thread229-1025611

I deleted the prefs, and that fixed the saving to JPG issue. However, I still can not do the [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[Alt]+ keyboard shortcut to initiate a Save To Web command.

Here is what looks like is happening:
When I press the [Ctrl]+[Alt] keys together, I get an icon that looks like to small triangles (one white, one black) overlapping each other, pointing to the top-left. If I press the [Shift] key, the icon does not change. I am wondering if when I do the ctrl+alt key combination, something is set either in PS or in Windows to do a different action. I am also using a crappy wireless keyboard from Walmart, so maybe there is an issue when holding down all those buttons? Anyway, I would really like to fix this keyboard shortcut issue. I do the graphics for about 5 different websites, and I am always updating them, and it just saves time to use the shortcuts.

Thanks.

forget the num lock, i was thinking of something else.

When I press the [Ctrl]+[Alt] keys together, I get an icon that looks like to small triangles (one white, one black) overlapping each other, pointing to the top-left.

So do I but I still get to the save for web screen with [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[Alt]+ (I'm still on PShop 7.0 but I believe the shortcut is the same)

The last time I was able to do it was either at work, or at home on my laptop, back in the day when I used PS7. I am starting to think it is my wireless keyboard. I don't know much about wireless technology, but maybe there is a buffer issue, and when I press those three keys, the buffer is used up, so it never registers the 's' keypress. Just a thought.

Anyway, I'm switching cases soon, so while I'm under my desk, I might switch to a wired keyboard and try again. If that works, then I'll let you know.

BTW, I'll give you a star for the information on clearing the prefs. That fixed a really annoying issue for me (saving to JPG was disabled). Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back