Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS2 Flash Web Photo Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteyboy64

Technical User
Feb 16, 2003
US
Anybody have any experience with this? I am on XP SP1. I have Photoshop8 CS and FlashMX. I downloaded the templates from here: The instructions told where to install the 3 templates. When I tried the Automate > Web Photo Gallery, the new Galleries wouldn't display the thumbnail on the right side. I went and set it up anyway. When I opened the index.htm that it created, I got a blank white page in Firefox, and a white page in IE with an error ! in the bottom left of the window. Not sure what I did wrong with the unzipped files. They have a sample of all 3 templates. Those index.htm files do open ok. So I thought it must be some mistake in the way I put the files in the Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Web Photo Gallery folder.
Any ideas? Thanks.

I've gotten the gallery3 to work without changing their instructions, however, it doesn't work exactly the same as the sample. The pictures aren't randomly rotated as they're moved around and the caption contains the filename rather than all the information given in the sample.
One CAN go in and edit the information into the .XML file, to get the captions to work. I don't know what's up with the rotation thing.
When I attempt to look at the .fla file, I get an "Unexpected file format" error message.

I got it to work finally. My version 8 was corrupt. Installed 9 CS and it works ok now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back