Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1K Signaling Server partition full /dev/hda10 (Not the normal /var issue). Directory not working.

John Tel

Systems Engineer
Dec 17, 2019
US
We have a customer with CS1K on 7.65 that has 2 cores located in separate buildings where both Signaling servers are on CPPM cards. They have lost directory button use on their IP phones again. This has happened in the past and a freeDiskSpace followed by reboot for both Signaling servers has allowed the clearing of the /dev/hda5/var and /dev/hda4/admin folders along with some JBoss clearing that is available with the command. This drive space reduction lessens these partitions and allows for directory to function again as well as EM. This has been completed again but have found that /dev/hda10 is at 100% full capacity on SS1. SS0 is at 65%. With this on SS1 being full leads me to think that this is the issue now and not anything to do with dev/hda5/var as can be found when doing a search directory issues. I have went into the /dev/hda5/var folders in the past and deleted logs manually but have no idea how to clean up the /dev/hda10 partition as it has no name like the other partitions do. I am still learning Linux and have very limited access to the system which doesn't help matters. Any help or direction is greatly appreciated!

I can only find a reference to find the folder below.

Commands to show Sig / LINUX Server disc and memory size.

0;admin@moc-smg-flwrss:~[admin@moc-smg-flwrss ~]$ diskSizeShow (or just df )
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda11 2.0G 1.3G 570M 70% /
/dev/hda8 3.8G 1.2G 2.5G 32% /opt
/dev/hda9 3.8G 74M 3.6G 2% /home
/dev/hda2 5.6G 1.1G 4.2G 21% /admin
/dev/hda6 5.7G 140M 5.3G 3% /tmp
/dev/hda5 7.4G 2.6G 4.4G 38% /var
/dev/hda10 1.9G 35M 1.8G 2% /var/coredump
/dev/hda7 3.8G 146M 3.5G 4% /var/log
/dev/hda1 93M 51M 37M 58% /boot
tmpfs 1008M 16K 1008M 1% /dev/shm

[802176699@moc-ldr ~]$ memSizeShow
Total server memory: 2048 MB

Using df will give similar output as what you have shown. Your hda11 (/dev/hda11 2.0G 1.3G 570M 70% /) looks like my hda10 where it doesn't show a folder name but mine is 100% full.

I have the below information that i was able to record manually using df. I can reach out to the site to get the filenames or further information if that helps any.

/dev/hda10 100% (***NO Filename)
/dev/hda9 36% (has filename but i did not record while onsite)
/dev/hda8 34% (has filename but i did not record while onsite)
/dev/hda2 18% (has filename but i did not record while onsite)
/dev/hda6 15% (has filename but i did not record while onsite)
/dev/hda5 48% (has filename but i did not record while onsite)
/dev/hda11 2% (has filename but i did not record while onsite)
/dev/hda7 22% (has filename but i did not record while onsite)
/dev/hda1 42% (has filename but i did not record while onsite)
tmpfs 0% (has filename but i did not record while onsite)

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back