Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1k NXX Table 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

exmcier

Technical User
Mar 1, 2012
US
In looking at out CS1k NXX table ( Re: LD 90 below)

REQ PRT
CUST 0
FEAT NET
TRAN AC1
TYPE NXX
NXX 360
NXX 360
RLI 1
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE
UDATA: 202376 8 PDATA: 219595 518
DISK RECS AVAIL: 512

Since it doesn't ask for an NPA, I am assuming that there is only one NXX table on a CS1k and that it doesn't keep an NXX table for each entered NPA ? (like carrier switches do). Is that correct?. So if a 1+DDD number is dialed and if the NXX is invalid for the dialed NPA the CS1k has no way of knowing, does not care, and as long as the NPA by itself is found and as long as the NXX is in the db it will drop the call off to Telco w/o screening the NPA-NXX combinatio to see if it is valid?

Can anyone comment?

Thanks

There isn't a table as you are referring to. There is an NXX entry for each NXX and an NPA entry for each NPA. There is also SPB entries for Special numbers like 411, 911 etc.

You are correct though, as long as a valid NPA is found and there is no supplemental digit restriction then it doesn't care what is dialed after the NPA

Thanks for confirming KCFLHRC.

So if I want to make "511" an SPN (511 by itself, no other digits dialed i.e., no 511+xxxx)

then I need to delete 511 as an NXX, set it up as an SPN, assign an RLI number and make sure to strip one leading digit (AC1) off of it (DMI) before sending 511?

Caller will dial AC1+511

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back