Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1k CP 5.0 mailbox auto logon 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnaRGP

Technical User
May 19, 2005
CA
Good day all.

I have a customer who would like to have a backdoor DID which allows them to dial in and check messages. They want to utilize auto logon.

I have taken the DID, IDC'd it to the CP VM DN.

On my test mailbox, I have entered my cellphone # as another DN, and enabled auto logon. I have logged into the mailbox and turned auto logon ON. Dialing the CP DN from the extension, all works fine. Dialing in on the Cellphone, results in the standard "please enter you mailbox..."

I have run the SLEE traces and can see that the CP is receiving the cellphone number correctly without any prefix.

So. Am I missing something? Is auto-logon restricted to internal calls only?

TIA.

I just set it up and it worked using my 7 digit cell number. I tried it with area code added and it failed. How did you enter your cell phone number in the DN field?

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

10 digits. Just as it shows up in the SLEE traces and Dch Messaging.

So does mine but only 7 digits work in the DN field. Go figure.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Tried 7 digits and also tried 7 and 10 digits from a landline (just for grins). Still no love.

Any systemic parameters that you think I should check?

Hmm. I just added my land line to it and it works using 7 digits. I combed through the CallPilot and I don't see anything glaring out at me as far as system wide parameters. RPL doesn't have anything to do with it. Under Security Administration the second thing you see on that page is Logon to Mailbox from Telephones External to Switch. I would assume that is already checked on yours. You might verify that. BTW, the CallPilot I'm looking at is Rls 5 as well.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Yep. Logon is enabled. I thought of that early on and checked.

Anything else I can check? PEPs are a little behind, but nothing drastic....

Just grasping for straws: What do you have under Messaging/Dialing Information? All I have is Local Country Code 1? and Local Area/City Code 205.

All other fields are empty. I'm not sure that would have anything to do with it but just to compare settings...

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

All fields have something in them. As well, the Capture External CLID with Unknown Format is checked with None for translation.

It was once on National, but I had to turn it to None, but I can't for the life of me remember why.

I just changed local and long distance prefix to "9" and also checked the Capture External CLID with Unknown Format and set it to NONE and it didn't make a difference. It still worked fine.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

So i've tried this on another cp5.0 and can't make it work there either. any thoughts?

This may have some relation: I had a system that was set to do telephone answering on cell phones. The system did not recognize the cell number unless it was preceded by "AC1" (9 in my case)

To summarize:

CallPilot speaks error "4141234567 does not subscribe to this service". CallPilot Event Log shows "4141234567" was forwarded to it. Adding 4141234567 _did not_ work.

Adding 94141234567 to users mailbox DN list _does work_ and the users mailbox answers.

All the variations I've included in the DN list are as follows

~~~
[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

@GHTROUT:

Actually, I'm not getting the same messages that you indicate. What I get is "Nortel CallPilot. Mailbox?...Please enter your mailbox number, followed by number sign."

That's because you are calling to log in. My case was the Cell phone was FDN'ing to Mail.

However, these two scenarios have a lot in common, namely CP isn't recognizing the cell phone when clearly it is entered correctly in the DN list

To prove or disprove my idea, just add 9+your 10digits and 9+your 7 digits in the DN list.

~~~
[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Got it!

9+1+10 digits was what I needed.

Thanks and stars to both.

Wow. There has got to be a rhyme and reason to the CallPilot madness! Glad you got it going. Good job GHTROUT!

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back