Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1K , access denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

telklass

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2015
US
Hi Guys,

I wonder what is the reason that could cause CS1K avoid me to not be able to login in, i could access CS1K previously without any problem , suddently since a few days i am having this error messaging "access denied" each time i tried to login into the PBX, i dont want to reset the password since it involves some operations to be taken such as remove cards, is there a way that you guys know that much simple to do this .

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks !

Hello ,

Thanks to reply,
This is the last inventory , but nothing has been changed.

Software Version 4021
System Type CS 1000E
Call Processor CP PM
Release 7

Thanks !

Assuming that you had tried to access the system via the TTY serial port, then perhaps you need to access the accounts from the UCM application. Check if any of them has changed recently.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

This is something will be hard to do physically,i used to access vis Secure Shell, but always see after logged in .... TTY ... on the screen,

Now for UCM, whiting session manager , is it possible , is it what you mean ?

Thanks !

This appears to be an ongoing issue with no real root cause.

See if you can rlogin to the system, rather than SSH. We have this occasionally. If this happens, to clear this, as much as I hate to say it, we have to restart (sysload) the system to get SSH working again. No real window to see why because we need to get access quicker than it would take Avaya to figure out why this is happning.

I have seen this in 7.5 and 7.6 systems. Occasionally happens means it may happen to us once a year.

What you can try is SSH to the signaling server and then see if you can SSH over to the Call Server, but definitely try to rlogin in the system.

What it will look like if you rlogin instead of SSH/SSH2 into the system.

PDT login on /pty/ptty00.S

Username: admin
Password:

The software and data stored on this system are the property of,
or licensed to, Avaya Inc. and are lawfully available only to
authorized users for approved purposes. Unauthorized access to
any software or data on this system is strictly prohibited and
punishable under appropriate laws. If you are not an authorized
user then logout immediately. This system may be monitored for
operational purposes at any time.

TTY #12 LOGGED IN ADMIN 10:18 5/1/2018

>

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

Hello,

I ve tried the process of rlogin couple times, but it s not work.

Thansk !

Is it just that you password has expired on the UCM/SMGR we have users who only access via ssh to callservers every now and then they get password expired. As they never web browse the SMGR they never get prompted to change the password. We just login in and change their passwords in SMGR and then login to the web browser it will prompt to change the password once thats done then then new password is good for ssh again.

Hello,

Is it related to CS1k or SMGR ?

Thanks !

Thanks guys for your pots .

I can access the CS1K via S.Sever, later i will try to troubleshoot the PBX password.

Thanks !

If the CS1K is correctly in the Security domain it gets its user details and permissions from the SMGR. When you say you can access it via the SS what do you mean? Login to the SS and then use cslogin?

Hello,

Exactly, i logged into S.Server , then cslogin,
then logi
user : username pbx : password: password pbx

Thanks !

If that is working then its not a password issue sounds more like a network issue with the ELAN as login for the SS is through the TLAN then SS to CS is in the same VLAN so not normally subject to any Firewall/ACL's when on the same subnet.

We have a similar issue with one of our switches where the ELAN is behind a FW and most management ports don't work (ssh, rlogin, sftp, ftp, etc.) , and the easy way round it is to use the SS as the TLAN is not subject to the same rules.

Hiya,

I have has this issue before. The Security domain membership was the cause. I managed to login using an user names and passwords from a prev rls. I wont go into the ins and outs but you might find an old ADMIN, ADMIN1 or ADMIN2 username and password will work. Maybe when the system was on RLS 5.5.

if you get in then, do a STAT UCM SYS in LD117. You might find all the MGC's have failed to reg too.

There is a lot more to do, but you need to gain access 1st!

Good luck.

It's quite possible that the System Manager Certificate has expired

Hi Guys ,

Thanks a lot:
I went to ld 117 , all MGC are registered fine :

I would say same thing as @bignose21 , therefore, will make a check on security restriction on the existing LAN. Certainly the credential have not change on PBX side .

For the question related to System Manager Certificate has expired i am not quite understand,however i will have to proceed with a verification on this side .

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back