Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000M Operator numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

expertlackey

Technical User
Aug 29, 2006
US
An issue came up during the additional of call recording software at one of sites of not being able to capture the ANI of inbound calls at our operators using consoles. When I made test calls the operators only saw a trunk route access number when they ansewred the number and then I investigated the setup of the operator consoles I found some strange programing. First I asked my carrier to tell me where our main number was pointed (XXX)407-4000 and she said "This is that strange situation where it’s a DID and main number of an analog trunk multi-line hunt group." How can it be piointed to both areas? So it is split between our PRI and our old analog COT for failover(Gordon capes). Then when I looked at the sites LDN's , 0 is not one of them and neither is the main number 74000, they are both ACD, 0 is pointed to 74000 and 74000 is pointed at an LDN 74001. Can I have the main number opointed only at our PRI's and then list the main and 0 as LDN's or is there a good reason for this setup?

look at atdn in your cdb.. usually analog trunks are auto yes in the cdb and then have the atdn as the answer point on the trunk itself

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back