Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000M Migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

keefbeef

IS-IT--Management
Oct 7, 2009
GB
We are about to enbark on a project that will replace all TDM based sets to IP ones. They are currently linked between two PBXs - CS1000M and CS1000E, with NRS and VNR being used to point to the appropriate PBX.

At the minute, I am creating dummy DNs on the CS1000E with a mass import using element manager.

The question I have is, is it possible to script or speed up the process of migration. There are a number of steps that need to be done in order to get the sets migrated to the new system:

On CS1000M (TDM handsets)
1. Remove from any huntgroups
2. Remove DN from any keys
3. Out the TN

4. Create an entry in NRS for DN

On CS1000E (IP Handsets)
5. Renumber dummy extension
6. Create hunt group

7. Create an entry in NRS for hunt group

This is all done manually. Has anyone had any experience of scripting some or part of this. I would be especially interested in speeding up the first part on the CS1000M, as there are a number of variables of what has to be done depending on the current configuration (i.e. only out from hunt group if exists, only out from other keys if exists, etc)

If I was able to do a mass outting of extensions based on a range of TNs/DNs, maybe from a csv file - I could then do a mass update using element manager to renumber to dummy DNs.

Anything to make life a little easier!!

OR

To make things really smart - a procomm script that does all the above (apart from NRS) when a TN is entered into the script as a variable. This would mean that we migrate sets individually (to keep control), but key strokes would be kept to a minimum! That would be a slick way to do it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back