Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000E

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech1971

Technical User
Jun 2, 2009
US
I want to be able to set the main number to be the number sent out from the pbx whenever someone dials out. I have 10 different locations,(on the same PBX tied together through a network) the customer wants to send the main number from each location no matter what ext/dn they are dialing from. Is this possible?

sure, chg Default CLID entry 0 at every site to what you want, ensure 0 is assigned to the sets.

Mato' Was'aka

Keep in mind, if you are not using E911, you risk 911 calls with incorrect location(s) being sent out.

Thanks for your help,

We are doing the 911 addressing through our dms100 in the CO, so this shouldn't be a problem then right?

911 is already a problem for you if all 10 sites dial out over the trunks from one "main" site.

So, either you are already using e911 (whereas you can build workarounds) - or the change you are proposing will be no worse than what you currently have.

I think it is important that you find out how your 911 is set up in the PBXs. That there is some DMS at a central office is only important if your firm owns that DMS. If you own it, just change the CLID there

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Thanks,

I work for the local telco that is installing this pbx. So, yes it is our DMS100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back