Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000E Wall Cabinet to CS1000E 1010 chassi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogg1

Technical User
Nov 3, 2008
US
All,

We are moving a site from a location that has a cs1000E using the wall cabinet(old opt. 11c cabinets). I was curious if I could use the 1010 chassi's at the new site and just migrate the existing cards from the opt. 11C cabinets. If I can, is there programming changes that need to happen?

Thanks

Jeremy

I'm not sure if the SSC card will fit in slot "0", In theory, I don't see why it wouldn't work. As long as you have all the available card slots.

Your TTY cables will have to be plugged in where the MGC TTY cables fit and I don't know if the connections are different. You might also have a problem with any IP connections as the 11c uses a transceiver.

I haven't seen a 1010 chassis for a few years now,

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

The 1010 has a card slot specifically for the MGC, not sure it would support the SSC

I should have added that the CS1000E has MGC Cards and a CPPM for a processor. Also, we do have a CPDC Card for SS, but site doesn't have Voip sets.

don't see a problem, as long as the supl is the same. Got a feeling that the MG1010 needed different firmware to stop the fans spinning at max all of the time

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

The fans on the MG1010 calm down once the MGC registers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back