Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000E, RLS 5, Media gateway chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

chintoo69

MIS
Mar 1, 2009
PK
Hi, We have purchased a CS1000E, rls 5 HA. I have got 02 CPPM/4 MGC cards and 04 media gateway chassis (NTDU14). I need help for connecting these media gateways. How can i interconnect these chassis. I was reading NTP`s but could not understand. I have installed CS1000E with cabinet system, this is my first time with chassis, Does these chassis also connects with LAN, i mean through MGC E/T Lan connections connected to LAN switch??
Further do i have also connect these chassis with DS200 Cable from back plane?

Another question is that how do i connect Media gateway expander (NTDU15) with Media gateway chassis (NTDU14) do i have to put 02 MGC in expander and Media gateway chassis and connect these MGC card through E/Tlan to LAN switches?

Regards

make sure you are looking at the right book -

Communication Server 1000E
Installation and Commissioning
Document Number: NN43041-310

You really need to read the installation book from the above post.

But in a nutshell:

The MGC cards go in card slot 0 of the Media Gateways.

The CPPM cards can go in any slot but 0 of the Media Gateways.

Since you have a HA system, make sure you don't put both CPPM Call Servers in the same Media Gateway.

Everything is connected via IP except the Media Gateway Expanders. A Media Gateway Expander is connected to a Media Gateway using the 2 DS-30 cables connected to the rear of the chassis.

If you are not Dual-Homing the MGC's then use the E-LAN and T-LAN connectors on the back bottom left of the chassis. Run a separate patch cable to the E-LAN connector of your Call Servers.

Make sure to use the blue crossover cable to connect both Call Servers via the HSP connection on the faceplate (or through a switch if you prefer, but additional configuration will be required).

Quote:-
If you are not Dual-Homing the MGC's then use the E-LAN and T-LAN connectors on the back bottom left of the chassis. Run a separate patch cable to the E-LAN connector of your Call Servers.

We are not using dual homing, can i use front Elan/Tlan of CPPM and MGC as in 11c cabinet for lan connections? beside using back plan Elan/lan, i mean can i skip back plane Elan/Tlan connections and use front E/Tlan od CPPM and MGC.

Further there is 1E, 2T lan connections at right front of chassis do i also have to connect these?

regards

chintoo69,
Yes, you can use the connections on the front of the card.

You can actually connect your CPPM (Sig Server or Call Server) ELAN and TLAN connections to the 1E and 2T on the MGC, then run your ELAN and TLAN from the other two ports of the MGC to your data switch. That will make for a cleaner installation, as well as save you some ports on your data switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back