Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000E Rel 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

PPCLI

Programmer
Jan 27, 2008
CA
I have a rel 5 all dep lists done. I have an issue where the IP sets can call tdm and talk and the tdm set can hear the ip set but when the tdm sets reply there is no audio on the IP set. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Sorry IPt IP ok tdm to tdm ok

One last all dsp are ok are when I stat they are Idle

Are the TLAN and ELAN IP addressing on Sig server and MGC's OK, and are the Physical connections correct, as it sounds like IP has no access to the DSP resource.

Make sure that your VGMC cards can ping your phones.... sounds like they can't send the voice back to the phones....

Also check the subnet mask on the IP PHONE and make sure it's correct.

The only other thing that may be happening is that one subnet(Media Gateways) may not know how to reach the other subnet(Phone Sets). This is configured on the data network.

mismatched payload sizes on your MGC DSPs could cause issues like this. make sure all MGCs are configured for the same codec and payload.

Thanks to all looks like my phone was default to vlan 1 which causes one way audio

strange problem for a vlan to cause but i will keep it in the file...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Vlan would cause it if the router did not know how to route back to that vlan.

Turns out the set came with vlan 1 hard coded removed and set to no vlan all ok

Check the DSP, the DTR and TDS,
Give a STAT AT LD 32 the DSP card

you can use the promp ENLM S L SHELF

To enable al the services at the MGC

He just posted what was wrong with it and it is fixed.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back