Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000e Linux Distro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherokeeBob

Technical User
Jun 28, 2019
US
Can anyone tell me what Linux Distro the CS1000e is using? Red Hat, Fedora...etc?

Thanks Wanebo! I also found out that the command cat /etc/*-release will tell me the info I’m looking for. In this case it looks like my cs1k system at 7.65 sp11 is running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.3 (Tikanga)

Think its as you asked about the CS1000E Wanebo gave you the OS of the Callserver (would run on normal Callservers CPPM, CPPIV, etc.)also on MGC. The Signaling servers or if you have a linux based callserver Co-Res etc. then like you say its red hat and can be checked as you mention. Also "uname -r" will give you the kernel details for 7.6 sig server "2.6.18-419.el5PAE" for example.

Either way the underlying OS is CentOS based but they are very bastardized versions of the Linux family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back