Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000e 5.5 UTC call no longer showing information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowtalks

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
US
OK, here is the scenario...CS1000e with a POTS via UTC flowing through system to a dependent enterprise system dispatch, by way of CDP. This is a regional EMS dispatch that is receiving most of their calls via PRI, but there are a couple of POTS trunks still existing.

In the distant past when I was a younger man, I had a built convoluted solution that involved trunk ATDN, CDN, ACDN, analog ext (named the extension) and spat it across the CDP where the dispatchers saw the extension name (Fire) and knew it was a county fire call landing on their admin lines...I inadvertently deleted the analog extension and I rebuilt it...however, I cannot get the analog FTR to forward to the CDP extension, so I bypassed the analog and the ACD NCFW was sending the calls...and they were receiving the calls, but the only thing that is showing up is 1052 (and I'm not sure where that is coming from). I then routed the call from the ACD to an IP extension, named that extension FIRE and forwarded it to the CDP...with thesame results...I cannot recall what I did a decade ago to make it work with a name!

Any ideas?

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Call Pilot
Avaya IP Office
Mitel 3300 Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint, MiCollab, MBG

Well, the name wasn't coming from the trunk that's for sure so it had to be coming from the analog extension and that would have required a class modem card to get CLID on an analog phone.

LD 10 - Configure the CLASS Calling Name and Calling Number Delivery Class of Service for Analog (500/2500 type) sets. (cont’d.)
Prompt Response Description
cu Format for Small System and Media Gateway 1000B where c = card and u = unit.
DN x..x yyyy Directory Number for this set (x..x) and CLID entry associated with this set (ENTRY configured in LD 15).
(CNUD) CNUA CNUS (CNAD) CNAA
CLASS Calling Number Delivery Denied. CLASS Calling Number Multiple Data Format Allowed. CLASS Calling Number Single Data Format Allowed. CLASS Calling Name Delivery Denied. CLASS Calling Name Multiple Data Format Allowed.
Refer to the section “Configure CND Class of Service on CLASS sets” (page 514) for details.
These Class of Service entries are not valid for a Dial Intercom

I don't have any class licenses enabled in the system (slt shows 0 class)...that means...even if class is required on phantom, that they may have been capturing and adding the tag on their end...so...is class required on a phantom to pass name?

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

Avaya IP Office

To pass CLID on any analog extension class is required. Not sure about a phantom but I would assume so. So if this was an analog trunk and analog extension then my guess is they were tagging the call on their end.

thanks...I will start dialing my DSCs and see if any of them have that tag!

Jim

Avaya IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back