Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000E 5.5 HA Personal Directory question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowtalks

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
US
I am enabling call history on the Meridian and I entered the redundant address ELAN instead of one of the signal server ELANs. Is that the correct IP to enter?

The customer has 1140 and 1230 IP phones. Are they both capable of call history?

Thanks, Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Avaya IP Office, Mitel 3300 Basic & Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint

You enter the ELAN address if the signal server where you want the PD to reside.

You will also have to Sync the Node after you are done and that will bounce the IP phones

So...since I have two signal servers mirroring each other on this redundant system, I still need to choose the current active SS to point the personal directory to?

I installed and programmed this system a few years ago...but haven't done much on the IP side of it since...how do I sync the Node?

Thanks, Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Avaya IP Office, Mitel 3300 Basic & Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint

Actually the signal servers don't mirror each other they work in conjunction with each other. You can put the PD on either SS depending on how many users you may have. You sync the node in Element Manager, cant exactly remember the steps on 5.5 but it is done in Node Properties as well as the PD is done in Node properties.

OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back