Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 with Session Manager for SIP integration to the IPO ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortavaya

Technical User
Sep 20, 2006
MA
Hi team,

We want to integrate CS1000 R7.6 with IPO 9.1 through sip connection, we plan to add SM server, for this we have somes questions :

• Does SMGR required in the solution SM/CS1000 ? if Yes, do we need SMGR licenses ?
• Do we need to have SM SIP licenses although we already have them on CS1K and IPO side ?
• Is there any Avaya documentation or guide of how to integrate SM with CS1K and IPO ?

Thank you in advance

Kind regards

You need 2 servers, System Manager and Session Manager. You will need SIP Licenses in each system. System Manager is the interface to Session Manager. As far as licenses for System Manager and Session Manager I'm not quite sure how those are licensed. It is quite a task to implement this so be prepared.

System Manager now needs a license as of 7.1 but it's a no cost item (just ask your BP for it). Session Manager needs a maximum Number of SIP SM Connections license.

You will also need at least 1 Signal Server configured for SIP Trunking

thank you for your answers, I already have Sig Server configured with SIP Trunk (NRS, DCH...etc)and SIP licenses are enable on Call Server and IPO
For SM/SMGR,can this be installed on the co-resident server (same server) or I need a seperate one for each of them ?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back