Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 with Multiple IP Telephony Nodes? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

narsman

Technical User
Jun 16, 2010
US
Just a quick verification.......can I safely add a 2nd Node ID to an existing system?
Customer wants to add new SS and MC32S to system and decommission existing equipment.
Want to set new Node with new ID, IP, FQDN and redirect existing phones to new equipment.
Documentation seems to support this, can anyone concur?
Will there be any problems with this? Any gotchas, I should be aware of.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

I don't mind coming to work, but that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch.

Not sure exactly why you would want to do this but the Call Server has to be in the same Node as everything else. So how are you going to accomplish that since it already belongs to Node 1?

This customer has 10 IP phones. They want to add another 100. He’s not happy with his existing signaling server. So, he wants to replace it. I thought if we could add a new signaling server and the MC 32S cards as a new node, it might be easier than trying to replace. My thought process is to bring new node on line, register all the new phones to it, and then decommission the old equipment. Then register the old phones to the new node. Is this not a doable thing do you think?

Steve

Why not just add another signaling server to the existing node as a follower, let the sets load balance, disable TPS on the server you want to remove, make sure the phones are registered to the new server, then make the new server the leader in the existing node? That would be a lot less effort on your part.

You can have multiple nodes on the same CS1K, but it isn't very common and in my opinion isn't worth the effort for what your customer is looking to accomplish.

biv,

Thanks, that's the kind of response I was looking for. I had thought about doing it by that method, too.

However, that doesn't solve the request to change the IP and FQDN.

I appreciate the reply!!

Steve

I don't know how you are going to bring the new Node On Line without a second Call Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back