Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 US Robotics Modem issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelmel

Technical User
Oct 3, 2006
US
I have a site that has a US Robotics modem that gives me xxxxxx. I connect ok but can't seem to get anything out of it but xxxxxxx when I hit return.

Frustrated!!!!! Tech is on site but dont have talent other than pulling cable...thats not a bad thing but he needs to do program changes and dont know anything...Not his fault but I cant get in and have had him change the modem but still same thing...I just dont know...can some help direct me what I can do?

Thanks

Mel

force your baud rate on your PC to 9600. I don't know what type of system you have. On the Option11C you just force to the dipswitch settings on the SSC card.

If you inherited the system, I know there was a way to force 9600 to the modem.

Search the forum here for USrobotics setup procedures, but xxxx response is usually a baud rate issue. If you needed a null modem you wouldn't get anything.

if its an option 11 use TTY 0 and it is controlled buy the switch settings on the front of the SSC card, use a modem cable from your pc's com1 and a null modem to connect it to the TTY cable tail.

if its a 61/81 you can attach to J25 on the back of the active core without a null modem

Thanks,

Buddy

Linked in Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back