Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 TM/OTM Station Report 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LtD0001

Programmer
May 20, 2008
US
Our team has been tasked with drawing up a method for our clients to export a directory report (csv preferably) from the CS1000 using either TM or OTM for E911 purposes.

A sample line from an export should look something like:
"LAST NAME","FIRST NAME","LOCATION CODE","DIRECTORY NUMBER"

My question is, can OTM or TM perform this function, or is their another 'low level' method? What steps would be needed? Can this be automated via macro or batch?

Please excuse our ignorance, and thanks for any help!

In TM you can print a directory. Can't remember where it is but I have done this. I don't know about the location code.

You can capture a TNB print and get an ecxel spread sheet with the macros at and add the column for the location code as they will all be the same at each site and delete the columns you don't want on the report.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

There is a Report option in TM and the reports are easier to customize than OTM. Click on Reports, then to the right click on New Report. You can customize it to have any field you want and in any order you want (including all the fields you mentioned) in csv format.

Thanks tnphoneman and Rita, that's what we were looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back