Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 Telephony Manager ESN database locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

mszodiac

Technical User
Jun 18, 2012
CA
Hello everyone,

We still use the Nortel CS1000 Telephony Manager - Release 4.0 to maintain very few of our remaining Nortel's.

Just recently, we haven't been able to make any database changes/updates. When I click on "Synchronize" either Transmit or Receive, I get the pop up window "The ESN database is locked and in use by userb "\\<servername>\SYNC_APP_U.

The help files say "In some situations it may be required to remove the lock on ESN data by selecting the Remove Database Lock File in the Configuration menu." However, I do not see that option in the configuration.

Does anyone know how to unlock this? Thank you for your time and help!

Have you tried resetting your TM Server?.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer

Very advance high level knowledge on the Linux BCM phone system.

Website

Yes I have. The was the first thing I tried.

I fixed the problem.

As per the help files, Remove Database Lock File can be clicked under the configuration menu.

What I learned though is that the option is only available when you highlight Customer 0 on the ESN window of the PBX. Of course this is only helpful if you know the PBX you last worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back