Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 Signalling Server running on VMware 6.7U2 - Success! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew_G

Technical User
Oct 23, 2018
CA
To go along with my other tip, the CS1000 7.0 Signalling Server runs fine on modern VMware. I'm using VMware ESXi 6.7U2 on a Dell R510, storage is running off of iSCSI on FreeNAS.

I've got two VMs, leader and follower using a VXworks CPPM Call Server. Network is a mix of random e-waste hardware, mostly Cisco switches but the CS1000 cards are all connected to an old HP 2610-48 switch. Networking on VMware is done through dSwitches. VLAN tagging/untagging done on the switch end for the CS1000 hardware and on the dSwitch for the VMs. Inter-VLAN routing is handled by a pfSense VM. IP phone (1140e) is on my main network VLAN with UNISTIM and audio routed via the pfSense VM.

If anyone has any questions about the configuration or how to get things set up, I'll try to help as best I can :)

-Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back