Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 Rls 7.5 with Session Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

janaya

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2002
US
Has anyone done this yet?

not yet - just starting to look at this as well :)

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

I have done this on training. Forget it!!! Is it a new installation or an upgrade ?

Meridian, Callpilot, CCM (Symposium) from Germany

upgrade - what's the issue with it

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

No issue. just being asked to install the session manager at a location. I am assuming that ultimately it will replace the NRS functions, but they are going to upgrade the NRS/UCM apps then install the Session Manager at the site.

Problem is no one can get me any information on the System Manager. Even Avaya's documentation states that you have to have the System Manager in place prior to deploying Session Manager. No documentation, as it relates to the Nortel world, available. Or at least I can't find any.

There are SIP trunking integration documents on Avaya's website in the 7.5 section. Yes, Session Manager is the new NRS; and System Manager is the new UCM. (That's the gist of it, at least).

Matthew - Technical Support Engineer Sr.

It works well. The migration from NRS to Session Manager is straightforward. My only problem is that you no longer have "dynamic endpoints". The endpoints don't register, so you lose the visual status of the systems talking correctly.

My self and a Collegue has just done our first on a site in London,the only issues we had was the set redirection, which I think is now sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back