Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 rls 6 co-resident TTY (ADAN) change Parity and data bit lenght 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexer

Programmer
Jun 13, 2006
VE
Hi, I've got a CS1000 rls 6 co-resident I want to change a TTY (ADAN) Parity and data bit lenght, but manual says (LD 17):
Note: This prompt is blocked for co-resident Call Server applications (Call Server and Signaling Server applications co-located on a CP PM server). Serial port configuration is controlled from the Linux Base layer. The prompt displays the current PARY configuration on the system.
Please, How can I change Parity (PARY) to:EVEN and data bit lenght (BITL) to: 7?, Because I cannot do it on LD 17

The manual NN43001-315 "Linux Platform Base and Applications Installation and Commissioning Avaya Communication Server 1000" is what the other manuals point towards and it details changing the COM1 config in BIOS slightly different depending on server type.

Thanks bignose21, let check the manual, My server is a CPPM card

The serial port (COM)I want to change Parity (PARY) to:EVEN and data bit lenght (BITL) to: 7 is in MGC 0 0 this are the parameters that has:
ADAN TTY 6
CTYP MGC
IPMG 0 0
DNUM 6
PORT 1
DES callcenter
BPS 9600
BITL 8
STOP 1
PARY NONE
FLOW NO
USER ACD
CUST 00
SSUP NO
APRT YES

Do I need to access the MGC card for changing BITL and PARY ?

no its only the CPSI port in effect that needs to be done in Linux as it is the Server port. An MGC port can just be done in LD 17

LD 17
REQ chg
TYPE adan
ADAN chg tty 6

BITL 7
PARY even

you need to disable the port in LD 37, change it, then enable it. I just tried on one of our SMG's that is cores and worked ok (didn't disable/enable as its not an active processor but the change worked)

Thanks bignose21, I disabled and tried to change serial port on MGC but I didn't work, it skips BITL and PARY parameters, I worked deleting and creating again TTY.

To be fair we didn't have a TTY on MGC so I added but it did also let me change it after, for info mine was 7.6 SP11 CPDC card and it was inactive running as an SMG.

Hi, I have to change TTY port to BITL:7 and PARY:EVEN, because TTY 6 is configured as ACD for sending ACD data to capture it in Visual Basic 2010, If I use 9600,N,8,1 in TTY the ACD data arrive corrupted to visual basic (If I use procomm to capture data, the data arrive ok, but in Hyperterminal, ZOC and CRT data arrive corrupted with weird characters)

With TTY 6 using: 9600,E,7,1 data arrive ok to Visual Basic, TTY 6 paremters:

REQ prt
TYPE adan tty 6

ADAN TTY 6
CTYP MGC
IPMG 0 0
DNUM 6
PORT 1
DES CallCenter
BPS 9600
BITL 7
STOP 1
PARY EVEN
FLOW NO
USER ACD
CUST 00
SSUP NO
APRT YES

Visual Basic Capture using 9600,N,8,1 in TTY:
vb_ajlmtn.jpg

Hyperterminal using 9600,N,8,1 in TTY:
HyperterminalCapture_zwppyp.jpg

Procomm Plus Hyperterminal using 9600,N,8,1 in TTY (data Ok):
ProcommPlusCaptura_it1nvu.jpg

I tried in VB enabling: RTS, DTR but I didn`t work, In visual Basic just work using 9600,E,7,1.
Any ideas why in 9600,N,8,1 data is not show properly in VB y Hyperterminal?

Not sure what that is but remember I used to see similar on Option 61/81 Systems years ago where ports were hard set on QSDI at 9600/8/1/N and would have to set Procomm to 9600/7/1/E to get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back