Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 Rlogin No Longer Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

searay310

Technical User
May 14, 2010
CA
We have a CS1000 Rls 3. I use putty to Rlogin (using the CPSID username) and have previously had no problems administering our phones and name changes in the various loads.

A month or so ago I used putty to rlogin into our cs1000 Rls 3 without any issues, however when I try today I can't log in using CPSID and instead I am taken to the PDT password login prompt. I have the PDT password and know that I can log in to the PDT and access the overlays that way but this is not a solution I am happy with as I do not want to be giving out the PDT information. Anybody have any idea why I am now getting the PDT prompt instead of the typical passthru via Rlogin that used to take us to the ovl prompt where we could login? It is as if the cpsid username is no longer being recognized or has changed.

As mentioned this is a 3.0 PBX and we have not performed any recent changes, patches, upgrades, backups, etc. This PBX is also running in a fully isolated lan. I have done an INI but no difference.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

If you have multiple people accessing Call Server, do you have enough PTY ports defined? I ran into this the other day at a site and added 2 more PTY ports and all is good now. May not have anything to do with it...

Is it possible you got into PDT on a previous session and never got out of PDT?????

The only time that I have experienced this, I had just replaced my PC and I was using the wrong username. Are you using CPSID for the username or CPSID1110?

Well through searching I found that I was putting the username (CPSID) in the wrong area of putty (under rlogin instead of auto-login username), and when I corrected that I could login as expected. Thanks for all the replies everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back